- This event has passed.
February 3, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm£12
Friday 3 Feb, Doors 7.30pm
Acclaimed beatboxer Shlomo, and his incredibly energetic show, is like nothing you have seen before – jaw dropping, inspirational and totally absorbing.
He has won global acclaim and worked with some of the biggest names in music including Bjork, Damon Albarn, Martha Wainwright, Basement Jaxx and The Specials. In the process he has continually pushed the boundaries of beatboxing, bringing the art form to new and unexpected audiences. Shlomo has also won the World Loopstation Championships in Los Angeles, been an Artist in Residence at London’s Southbank Centre and was nominated at the `British Composer Awards’ for his piece for the National Youth Choir.
Shlomo will be running a looping workshop on Saturday 4 February, find out more here
There will be limited seating at this gig.
Praise for Shlomo
- “Master of the fine art of beatboxing” The Independent
- “The kid’s good. Jaw-droppingly good.” The Guardian
- “Forget one-man band, this guy is a one-man music festival.” The Times
- “Slick theatrics and soulful vocal gymnastics” Evening Standard
- “A fascinating contrast between his extraordinary willowy, soft-edged charm and his dangerously energised performing” The Telegraph
- “Scarily talented” Metro
- “The Prince of Fringe Beatboxers” Edinburgh Festival Magazine
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!
Tickets cost £12 (£10 concessions) in advance and £14 (£12 concessions) on the door on the night
They can be bought in three ways:
- ONLINE – via this webpage, click on Book.
- BY PHONE – Call More Music on 01524 831997 or Morecambe Visitor Information Centre on 01524 582808.
- IN PERSON – At More Music or Morecambe Visitor Information Centre.
HALF PRICE TICKETS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS – There are 20 half price tickets available for West End residents with LA3 or LA4 postcodes (Half price of the full on-the-door price). Proof of address needed.
|Start Date||Start Time||End Date||End Time|